by Viki Stumbers
Here’s a non-recipe favorite:
Arrange on a large platter:· fresh apple wedges
· small slices of cheddar cheese
Serve with 1 jar of Herlocher’s Dipping Mustard and 1 container of Caramel Apple dip (found in the produce section). Set out two spoons (for the dips) and toothpicks. Just about everything goes with everything else, and prep time is nearly nil.
Ways to stretch/expand the apps (and still just about everything goes with just about everything else):1. Need to make it heartier? Add cubes of ham and cubes or cracker slices of Swiss cheese.
2. Heartier than that? Also add chunks of kielbasa or smoked sausage and a small container of horseradish.
3. Need it to be sweeter? Add plain store-bought cookies (sturdy/crisp) and a jar of Nutella (chocolate-hazelnut spread—find it near the peanut butter).
4. Need it to be healthier? Add natural peanut butter, raisins and celery sticks.
5. Need to feed a crowd? Add all items from 1-4 to make a super-platter.
6. Need it to be faster? Buy the cheese pre-sliced for crackers (near the shredded cheese section) and the apples pre-cut (in produce aisle)
7. Need it faster than that (as in, you’re on your way to the tailgate/party/whatever and realized you forgot to get anything)? Almost all items are available at Sheetz—grab and go!