by Sheila Merrill
I made this and took it to one of the Wed. night dinners. I came home with an empty crock pot. It was a hit!
- 1 28 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 2 15 oz. cans diced pears in syrup
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1.9 packet maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal
- Cool whip for topping
Spray crock pot with butter flavored cooking spray, set aside. In a large bowl, combine pie
filling, pears, (with juice) and almond extract. Poor into prepared crock pot. Sprinkle cake
mix over fruit mixture, dot with butter. Sprinkle oatmeal over cake mixture. Place a thickness of
8 paper towels over crock pot and secure lid. This helps to trap steam. Cook on LOW 4-6 hours.
Do NOT lift lid for the first 3 hours. Serve warm with Cool Whip.