- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium leeks, white and tender green parts only, cleaned, thinly sliced (3 cups)
- 3 tsp coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 pound small red or white potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- Freshly milled black pepper
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley for garnish
1. Set a rack on the middle shelf of the oven and preheat to 400 deg. F
2. In a large ovenproof skillet over high heat, warm the oil. Add the leeks and 2 tsp of salt and sauté until softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Lower the heat, add the thyme, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover by 1/2 inch. Cook over medium heat, covered until the potatoes are tender, but not falling apart, 8 - 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to the skillet.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the remaining tsp of salt. Season with black pepper. Add the eggs to the skillet and stir to combine. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake until firm and slightly puffed, about 20 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with parsley, cut in wedges, and serve hot or warm.